Sunday, October 12, 2008

News from Haiti

We have heard from our agent in Haiti. She has instructed us to file the required paperwork with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This form is titled "Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition". This form will give Bob and I approval from the U.S. government to adopt a child from another country. We were told not to file this form until all the paperwork in Haiti had been submitted to different agencies and had reached the official government office. It is my understanding that all forms had to go through several offices before reaching the government office that makes the final determination. I have not been told that it is in this office. However, I was told to file the Orphan Petition. To Bob and I this a positive step. We also have been instructed to file the required form with the Haitian Immigration Services when we are in Haiti in December.

God is in control. His timing is perfect.

No comments: