Sunday, October 5, 2008

Haiti in December

Bob and I have been praying and seeking God's will as to when we should return to Haiti. There is a very good chance that we will be going in December with a mission group. An opportunity has come our way and we feel this is what the Lord wants us to do.

I have contacted our adoption agent who lives in Port-au-Prince to see if there is anything that we could do while there to help with this process. We are waiting for her response.

When I do get discouraged, I go to Tara and Troy Livesays blog which gives a long list of bloggers who have adopted Haitian children and start reading their updates. There have been many successful stories with some taking as long as three years to finalize the adoption.

It really breaks my heart to know there are so many needy children in Haiti and it hard to understand why it takes so long. Yes, I know there are needy children in the U.S. and all over the world. However, God has called us to adopt this little 11 year old girl from Haiti.

Please continue to pray for Jenifer and the other children in Haiti.

1 comment:

Chapter Two said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for commenting on my blog and stopping by to visit. Your Jenifer is beautiful. I know the wait is hard and discouragement can set in. I'll pray for you and your paperwork as I visit your blog from time to time.
Many blessings,
K at Chapter Two