Friday, August 1, 2008

Jenifer


It is difficult at times to wait even when we know that God's timing is perfect. It has been two months since we have heard from the agency in Haiti. Even though we were told it may be months before we hear any news, I did email Ms. Barb requesting an update.
Recently, during rest, I dreamed we were at the children's home in Haiti with a mission group. I had been there for three days and realized I had not seen Jenifer. I woke up immediately seeking the peace and comfort of the Holy Spirit. In the letter we received from her in June, she told us that she missed us very much and wanted to know when we were coming back. Please pray for this child that she is content and God will give her the peace of knowing that we love her even though we are not there with her. But most of all, that she knows of His tremendous love and sacrifice.
What a blessing it was for us to go on the mission trip to West Virginia with the others from Suwannee County. I must say this was one of the best trips I have ever been on. Bob and I were on the evangelism team. Our team under the leadership of the Holy Spirit had the privilege of knocking on approximately 800 doors. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

No comments: